“Old Time Holiday”
In Your Local Parks
Saturday, December 5th from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
Whiskeytown National Recreation Area
- Free event at Camden House in the Tower House Historic District
- Make your own holiday wreath from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Craft activities and traditional games for all ages
- Live music from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Light Refreshments
- Story Time
- 15% off on all bookstore items at the Visitor Center
Shasta State Historic Park
- Free event
- Masonic “all you can stand” breakfast from 8-11 am
- Blacksmith demonstrations
- Light refreshments
- Candle making
- Holiday arts and crafts
- Live music from 11:00 to 4:00 pm
- Pioneer games
The Friends are looking for board members and volunteers to assist with the events and projects they support. If you love Whiskeytown and have a couple of hours to spare each month, please consider how you could help support this beautiful park and lake.
The Friends of Whiskeytown board meets the 2nd Tuesday of every month upstairs at the YMCA, 1155 Court St. in Redding. Meetings start at 6pm and last from 1 to 1 1/2 hrs.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Mark your Calendars for December 5, 2015 when the National Park Service will again offer its popular Old Time Holiday Event at the Camden House. This popular event is free, and everyone has the opportunity to create holiday wreaths and decorations.