Mark your calendars for June 15, 2013, when the Friends of Whiskeytown will hold the 4th Annual Luau at Brandy Creek! Tickets will again cost $40 each when purchased in advance, and proceeds from the event will benefit the National Park Service's trail programs in Whiskeytown National Recreation Area. Tickets may be purchased in advance at the Cascade Theatre in Redding or via PayPal on this website. Tickets sold at the event will cost $45 each.
This year’s event will include great food including Hawaiian pork, Huli Huli chicken, and many side dishes. The entertainment includes Polynesian fire dancers and music provided by local musicians. After dinner the silent auction will be held when attendees will have the opportunity to bid on many great items, including stays in upscale hotels, houseboat trips, patio boat trips, gift certificates for local restaurants, massages, sewing lesson, membership to Turtle Bay, and much more........
Fundraisers and donations from the public are the Friends of Whiskeytown's sole support. The Friends uses these funds to improve the recreational enjoyment of visitors to Whiskeytown National Recreation Area. In 2012, your support has contributed directly to the following programs:
- Purchase of a kayak fleet based at Oak Bottom Marina;
- Improved safety for hikers at Boulder Creek with the installation of a new bridge over the creek;
- Funding of a Student Conservation Association partipant for eight weeks; the student worked on a crew of student interns repairing park trails and installing the Boulder Creek Bridge;
Support, planning assistance and funding of the following events:
- 3rd Annual Luau
- Annual Pick Up Lake Litter Day
- 2nd Annual Harvest Festival
- Old Time Holiday Wreath Making Event at Camden House
- Sponsored the Annular Eclipse and Transit of Venus Viewing Events. The Friends of Whiskeytown supplied Solar Viewing Glasses and paid for the production of commemorative posters
- Refreshments for the NPS's Park Volunteer Appreciation Evening, attended by 130 volunteers
- Support of five artists participating in the Artists in Residence program
- Sponsored the "Whiskeytown Webcam," bringing real time images of Whiskeytown Lake to computer screens around the world!
Please consider making your tax deductible donation of the Friends of Whiskeytown by the end of 2012. Your generosity will ensure the continuation of these programs.
Checks may be mailed to Friends of Whiskeytown, P.O. Box 2, Whiskeytown, CA 96095, or make your donation through PayPal.
Thank you for your support!
The Friends of Whiskeytown (FOW) is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving visitors' experience at Whiskeytown National Recreational Area.
Some projects supported by FOW include:
- Trail improvements such as bridges, benches, picnic tables and vista points
- Waterfall Week Celebration
- Free Kayak Program
- Artist-in-Residence, and Special Art Events
- Pick Up Lake Litter Day (PULL)
- Sponsorship of Student Conservation Association Workers